Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Strawberry Cream Squares


I am On a huge Strawberry kick lately. I seriously got to stop. Well I am going to stop snacking on the goodies I make, unfortunatly. Tomarrow new diet or just better eating! Sorry sugar-- I have to kiss you goodbye for a little while. Wish me luck..it is going to be very tricky making cakes & cookies. But I make it for you right?! I can do it! I will not deprive! One cupcake wont kill me right??!..... Anyways here is a super fresh summer recipe. It is not a heavy dessert, aside from the sugar it really is a lower calorie treat. It was a hit with my 2 year old daughter she kept asking for more. I will be making this again for sure.




These are the ingredients you will need:

1-1/4 cups Honey Maid Graham Crumbs
1/4 cup butter, melted
frozen strawberries (about 4 cups)
1 pkg. Strawberry gelatin
1/2 cup sugar
1 tsp. lemon extract
3 cups thawed Cool Whip Whipped Topping, divided
make it

Here is what to do;
Mix graham cracker crumbs & butter together.

Pour mixture into a 9x9inch dish and pat down to form a crust. Set aside remaining graham crumb mixture.




COMBINE strawberries, dry jelly powder, sugar and lemon extract in medium saucepan; bring to boil on medium-high heat. Reduce heat to low; simmer 3 min. or until jelly powder is dissolved, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat.












Cool 20 min. to room temperature.

Gently stir in 1-1/2 cups of the whipping topping; pour over crust.REFRIGERATE 3 hours or until firm.

Cover with remaining whipped topping; sprinkle with remaining crumb mixture. Cut into 24 pieces to serve or bigger.





No comments:


LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails