Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Sugar Cookie Recipe



So I decided for fun to use a couple of my new cookie cutters, which I talked about in my last post. I'm feeling spring, its pouring rain outside this week and my tulips are growing in my garden. I got a little inspired with our soon to be flowers so I have a project in the making. My plan in motion is Lollipop- Sugar cookie cutout flowers. But wait it gets even better. the lollipop flower cookies are going to be put into a flower pot filled with chocolate cake (as the dirt)..
**Note: you probably wonder who eats all these goodies...i just have fun making them but i usually hand them over to my sweet toothed hubby or pass the goodies out to friends & family & neighbours.** I try to get it out of my house fast so we don't eat them. I just have fun making them.



what you need for Sugar cookies
1 pkg. (250 g) Brick Cream Cheese, softened
3/4 cup butter, softened
1 cup granulated sugar
2 tsp. vanilla
2-1/4 cups flour
1/2 tsp.baking soda
beat cream cheese, butter,sugar & vanilla with a electric mixer until blended. Add flour and baking soda; mix well. Refrigerate for 30 min.

PREHEAT oven to 350°F. Roll dough to 1/8-inch thickness on lightly floured surface. Cut into shapes with cookie cutters. Place, 2 inches apart, on greased baking sheets or parchment paper.bake for- 10 to 12 min. or until edges begin to brown. Let stand on baking sheets 2 min.transfer to wire racks. Cool completely.
Stay tuned for my next post with directions and the outcome of my "Lolipop Cookies"

No comments:


LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails